Aadhaar card is now being accepted nation-wide, either you check-in or check-out at any airport they require your biometrick which is linked with your Aadhaar card. Moreover, You PAN, Bank Account, Loans, insurance, Mobile number almost everything is connected with Aadhaar now to make your identity more reliant and secure.
But what if your Address, Mobile, other details which is given in Aadhaar goes wrong or changed ? How can you change it? Would your require to revisit any aadhaar centre or you can do that online yourself? All answers for this question is given below!
How To Update Aadhaar Card Onine?
- Visit here for Self Service Aadhar Portal
- You have to now enter your Aadhar card number of 12 Digit
- Now Verify your identity by the OTP Sent to your Registered Mobile
Note – If you havn’t linked your Mobile number with Aadhar you need to visit your Operator outlet or aadhar centre to register!
- Once verified via OTP, you can proceed forward and edit your details
- Now you can submit your request for Name, Address correction online
- After selecting the Updation type > Now upload a self-attested Proof of Identity document (soft copy) in order to change your name/surname/Address
- That’s it! Now It will be updated once approved!
Check your Update Request Status Online Click Here
How To Update Aadhaar Card Offline?
1. Update Request by Post :-
- Firstly, Download this Update request form and print it out
- Now fill up the form to change your Name/Surname/Address in your Aadhaar
- Fill out the required fields carefully and provide each detail required
- Giving your registered Mobile Number is mandatory to make an update request for your aadhar
AS PER UIDAI WEBSITE, PROVIDING EMAIL ID IS OPTIONAL. BUT, THE FIELDS REQUIRED TO BE UPDATED SHOULD BE CLEARLY INDICATED IN THE FORM
- Now attach a self-attested Identity proof (hard copy) with the Aadhar Update request form which is needed to sent to UIDAI at the given address below
Note – Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top.
Post Box No. 10
Madhya Pradesh- 480001
Post Box No. 99
2. Visit Nearest Enrollment Centre for Updation :-
- Click here to Search your nearest Enrollment center
- Carry your Original documents with the Supporting documents
- Tell them that you want to update your Aadhaar card details
- They will verify your details and update it as per your concerns
As per the UIDAI website, the Aadhaar Update time for the updation is 90 days.
- Your update request will be verified by UIDAI representative.
- Once your request is approved, you can download your e-Aadhaar by clicking “Download Aadhaar” on uidai.gov.in.
- Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address only in case of updation in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender.
- For Update of Mobile number/Email ID, only a notification will be sent on the given mobile number/email ID.