In some point of our life we all have done marketing at different time phase. Like in school we sell coupons to neighbors and family for school fete or for Red Cross seminars. And in college we help promote our friend new business in campus. All this is part of marketing or direct selling. MLM is no different, it is network marketing in which you make a chain of numbers of people under you. Let us understand this below:
In MLM, you stay at top as leader and below build your own team. You motivate and expect your team as salespeople to sell products directly to consumers by means of relationship referrals and word of mouth marketing. In MLM marketing there is good amount of profit of margin which is possible only because of no retailer or distributor involvement. This entire bulk profit is shared among chain in predefined percentage. Below we have listed top 10 MLM companies in India.
1. Amway – is one of the first company in India that projected ‘Direct Selling‘ concept in 90’s. In short, its the biggest and very popular name in the field of MLM . It was founded by Mr. Richard DeVos & Jay Van Andel in year 01/01/1959. It gave thousand of people side business as well as part time job opportunity. Some got it so well that they quit their permanent job and started earning 6 figure income in short span of time. Till date, more than 1.5 million ABO (Amway Business Owners) and prospects have joined Amway just in India.
2. Tupperware – is second largest MLM concept company that projects direct selling of their products through members in India. Company was started by Mr. Earl Silas Tupper in 1948. Tupperware is just about leak proof ‘Plastic Containers’. And remarkably it got so famous that it is now listed under fortune 500 company. Their Head Office is in Gurgaon, India. Their main target are housewife and career women to accomplish selling task.
3. Avon – Started selling beauty products for women through direct marketing. Within few years, company was considered as world most admire beauty case products for women, and listed in fortune 500 company as Direct Selling Company dedicated only to Women. It was founded by Ms Sheri McCoy in year 01/01/1886 from New York, U.S.A. Their main office is in Gurgaon, India.
4. Modicare – is first Indian company to bring MLM concept in year 1996. It was founded by Mr. Samir Modi and in short time it became the biggest direct selling boom business opportunity for many Indian. They have large network today with somewhat 2.5 lakh members with widest range of products as compare to other network marketing companies. You can Join Modicare Here by entering Sponsor MCA No: LOOTBUDDY.
5. Oriflame – is another beauty product company which was founded in year 1967 in Sweden by two brothers Jonas af Jochnick and Robert af Jochnick. Its a leading cosmetic brand of the world believes in the core of direct selling. They are developing new beauty business center across India and inspiring programmes that help to develop their own business.
6. Forever Living – is a privately owned multi-level marketing (MLM) company based in Arizona, which manufactures and sells aloe vera based drinks, nutritional supplements, bee-derived cosmetics and personal care products. The company was founded in 1978 by CEO Rex Maughan. In India, they came in early 2000’s and with their strong presence they captured the territory by Multi-Level marketing technique.
7. Herballife – Its a global nutrition company that has helped people pursue a healthy & active life since 1980. Nutrition, weight-management and personal care are some of there exclusively products market by more than 2.3 million independent Associates in more than 90 countries including India. Herballife was founded by Mark Hughes, and in India Ajay Khanna head the company.
8. Tiens – or Tianshi was founded in 1995 by Mr. Li Jinyuan in Tianjin China. In march, 1997 they began opearting into the international market. Tiens Group has set up branches in 110 countries Including India. There products comprising of health food, health care appliances, skincare applications and even household products.
9. Elken – is the leading direct selling companies in Malaysia, which was establishment in 1995. Now, they have established a stronghold in nine other countries in the Asia Pacific region, namely Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei and Singapore. Their Products are related to Lingerie, Cosmetic, Skincare, Herbal, Cosmo Food and Personal Care.
10. Altos – was started from Ludhiana city in India. Intially, they had only 7 healthcare products in year 2000 and now a true Indian MLM Direct Selling Company with range of around 150 Product. Their product categories includes Personal Care, Health Care, Hair Care, FMCG, Agriculture Aid, Aroma Natural Beauty, Home Care and skin treatment .