Download & Install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 – We all know that the Android Oreo is the latest version of Android from Google. And as promised by Google and Xiaomi, Android Oreo has arrived before the end of 2017. Yes, now you can download, flash and install the android 8.0 oreo on Xiaomi mi a1.
Installing the android oreo on mi a1 is an easy process. You just have to follow all the steps carefully and the android oreo will be installed on your android one.
- Bootloader must be unlocked on mi a1 for installing the android oreo ROM on mi a1. Click here to see how to unlock bootloader
- Root is not required.
- TWRP is not required to flash Android Ore on Mi A1.
- This is not a data loss method. But still, I recommend you to make a backup.
Steps to Install Android Oreo on Mi A1 :-
- The first step is to enable OEM unlocking on your device. To do so, go to settings and go to about phone and tap on build number for seven times. This will enable the developers option.
- Go into developers option and enable OEM unlocking and also enable USB debugging.
- Now switch off the mi a1.
- Once the device is completely turned off, press the power button and volume down button until a bunny logo appears on the screen. Now your mi a1 is in fastboot mode.
- Connect your mi a1 to the computer.
- On your PC, you need to download the ZIP file from the downloads area.
- Download and extract the Android Oreo ROM for MI A1.
- Once the ROM is extracted, open the folder.
- Inside the folder, you find the ROM flasher.
- Open the flasher and you will see a black screen. Hit enter to continue.
- You will see 3 different options. I prefer 1st option because it is a no data loss method. The second and third option is a data loss method.
- Select your option and hit enter.
- This process may take about 5 to 20 minutes depending on your PC performance.
Bugs Reported :-
- Camera app is lagging and force close when snap a picture with some filter.
- Random reboot, happen once in 2 days.
7.12.20 – OPR1.170623.026–
XDA Devs, Xiaomi, Google